Any online retail business obviously needs a help center. There are a lot of ways for customers to contact a company and get help, but how does your company manage all communication? What is the best way to track all the email and live chat conversations and make sure nothing is missed?
Help desk software is proven to be the best tool to manage all customers’ inquiries, provide self-service options and reach high service standards.
If your customers still contact you directly via email, see what benefits you can get if you set up help desk software:
- You will be able to easily track all the communication history related to a particular person, or even a company.
- All the emails can be automatically routed to the right person according to the subject, department, urgency, or any parameter you would like to set up.
- Several people can work at the inquiries without risk to be working at the same one.
- Notes for internal use allow easy and effective remote communication between operators.
- Knowledgebase tool that commonly comes with the help desk software allows creating a self-service section on your website. It helps customers to find answers to their questions before they contact you, and it saves your time and efforts in dealing with common issues.
- Knowledgebase articles for internal use help employees share cases and best practices and easily keep new staff in the picture.
- Help desk software includes wide range of statistics on department activity, status reports, operator reports, customer satisfaction, and much more. This allows you to effectively manage your help department based on precise numbers rather than on value judgement.
Even if you have a small website and you are managing the help requests yourself, you will find help desk software advantageous to use. If you are managing a larger site, you’ll find helpdesk software an absolute necessity. You will save time, money, and effort tracking your help request issues by eliminating duplication of effort, documenting problem resolutions for reuse, timely escalations and much more.